1. In 1841 members of the McKinney family started "The Christian Church" on the landing at Red River.
2. The community relocated in 1846 and formally organized the Mantua Church.
3. Our first log church house was erected in 1850.
4. As the church grew, new sanctuaries had to be built in 1854 and 1871.
5. In 1891, when the railroad came to Van Alstyne, the Mantua community relocated and changed the name to First Christian Church of Van Alstyne.
6. In 1914 the congregation built their first brick church in downtown VA.
7. The church constructed the Motley Building in 2002, including a gymnasium, kitchen, and staff offices.
8. Brian Layman was called as Senior Pastor in 2022.